Iris2.de

Iris2-Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:12 am 

When playing pressing Esc should give you the choice to "log out" or "exit". Log out will get you back to server choice.
Exit will close the prog down and you will return to windows.

when you click on a server option on left side you should have a back key in case of mis-clicking.

In that same window you should have a save server information so that they don't have to type in the server they play on every time they log in.

When "connection failed" it should bring you back to the menu. Now, you only got to a black screen with the chat thingie you got in the bottom. most likely you are "in-game" since you can bring a journal up.
-------
I think these modifications will make the client more user friendly for players that want to use it on a custom shard.

And one chance of modification would be cool like changing background picture to whatever you want.

I think it would be a cool modification. But, I guess you guys want the iris picture to be in the background.

Anyways, our shard is vouching for you developers of Iris 2. So, keep on the good work!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:28 am 
iris2-developer

hi Triant,

thx for you comments and your suggestions for Iris2. Maybe I can help you a bit.

Triant wrote:
In that same window you should have a save server information so that they don't have to type in the server they play on every time they log in.

You can easily edit the config.lua file in your Iris2\data directory for options and logins. Just take a look into Iris2\data\config.lua.dist (do not change this fallback file) and copy/paste any option to config.lua.

Triant wrote:
And one chance of modification would be cool like changing background picture to whatever you want.

I think it would be a cool modification. But, I guess you guys want the iris picture to be in the background.
If you can script LUA, you can easily add your own Shard Backscreen into the MainMenu. The Iris logo must stay, but you only see it during the load process :-).

I post a sollution for you soon.

I hope you still using Iris2 and post comments or send bugreports to our Bugtracker.

stay tuned.
SiENcE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:51 am 
iris2-developer

hi !
yes, we have to make the main-menu a bit more user-friendly, i added your requests to the todo list, thx =)

you can set the logo position and size in
data/lua/lib.gui.lua line 132
Quote:
local widget = guimaker.MakePlane(gDialog_IrisLogo,"irislogo",-128,-128,256,256)

the material definition is in
data/base/main.material line 564
but you don't have to edit that, you can change the
data/base/irislogo256x256bw.png

beware, making these changes might lead to conflicts when the updater is used and we also changed something there.
(one solution might be a plugin system we're experimenting with)

@sience : its rather visible that the client is iris in the window title and when you use the updater, so i think changing the logo to something shard specific should be ok.

by the way, we're experimenting with a plugin system (in sfz) that just starts all scripts inside a specific folder as plugins, that would make it easy to add shard specific modifications as separate download, instead of redistributing a customized version of iris, and it would also avoid conflicts when updating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:55 am 

ohh don't worry about me. I usually manage to fix stuff the way I want to when I play around with it :P

I was just thinking that people would personalize the client more if they could put in a background picture inside the client without having to open any files.

And when it comes to me using Iris 2 :P I would love it if Iris 2 made a banner so that we can put it on our site when we are done making it.

I want all of my players to use Iris 2 when its finalized since it will be most likely easier to add new bodies to the client and everything will be 3d.

The staff of "Star of Chaos" will be drooling until Iris 2 is good to go on our shard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:07 am 

ohh another thing... make tab in login screen change to next line or whatever instead of standard tab...
Don't really need tab for anything yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:58 am 
iris2-developer

@ghouly: i think he means to change the background...not the iris logo.

Wait until todays evening or test this quick solution to get a simple background:

go into Data\lib.mainmenu.lua.

just uncomment (it's already in there)

Code:
function MainMenuSetBackground_Sky ()
   local cam = GetMainCam()
   cam:SetFOVy(gfDeg2Rad*45)
   cam:SetNearClipDistance(0.5) -- old : 1
   cam:SetFarClipDistance(2000) -- ogre defaul : 100000
   cam:SetProjectionType(0) -- perspective
   Client_ClearLights()
   Client_AddDirectionalLight(1,1,-1)
   Client_SetAmbientLight(0.4, 0.4, 0.4, 1)
   Client_SetSkybox("sunset") -- cleansky skybox sunset darksun

--   SetMainMenuCam(0,(90 + 10) * gfDeg2Rad)
   SetMainMenuCam(0,gfDeg2Rad)
end

function SetMainMenuCam (roth,rotv)
   local w1,x1,y1,z1 = Quaternion.fromAngleAxis(gfDeg2Rad * 90.0,1,0,0)
   local w2,x2,y2,z2 = Quaternion.fromAngleAxis(roth,0,1,0)   
   local w3,x3,y3,z3 = Quaternion.fromAngleAxis(rotv,1,0,0)
   local w4,x4,y4,z4 = Quaternion.Mul(w1,x1,y1,z1, w2,x2,y2,z2)

local w,x,y,z = Quaternion.Mul(w4,x4,y4,z4, w3,x3,y3,z3)
   GetMainCam():SetRot(w,x,y,z)   
end

and put this line at line 255:

Code:
MainMenuSetBackground_Sky()

thats it. now you have a Background.

With "sunset" you specify the Ogre Material. You can use any Material you want. Just look into Data\base\main.material to check it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:04 pm 

I can wait :P but I ainth saying I want it changed though :P just saying that you should plant in that feature for other players and for shards that want to share art or whatever :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:26 pm 
iris2-developer

yes, i think thats a good idea, maybe a "menu_background" directory where users can just drop images they want, and iris chooses one of them randomly.
that way it wouldn't require users to change script files.