Iris2.de

Iris2-Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:02 am 

I have Iris compiled and installed on my linux machine (that was an experience in patience, by the way ;)
I'm trying to connect to my personal shard and it's not connecting. I use Sphere .56b, a version released June 07 as I recall. Here's what sphere tells me.

19:36:1f:Login 'melchoir'
19:36:ERROR:melchoir (1f):Bad Msg(91) Eat 65 bytes, prv=0e0, type=4

Now this error is usually due to an encryption problem but sphere 56b supports unencrypted clients.

Secondly when I do run the program I'm unable to type in it. It seems to me that my Desktop (KDE) isn't recognizing it as a window and won't give it focus. I tried putting an exec command in an xinitrc and starting my server that way but SUSE would have nothing of it. I'm sure I could figure it out but using my computer with no desktop manager isn't really a viable solution anyway.

If anyone has any ideas on that I'd love to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:36 am 
iris2-developer

about the keyboard : have you tried both windowed and fullscreen-mode ? maybe it works in one of them (you can switch with the #gfx button in the main menu, or by deleting ogre.cfg)

about sphere : no idea, sorry, the message is 0x91 in hex i believe (otherwise it would be 91 = 0x5B)
gPacketType.kPacket_Game_Time = { id=hex2num("0x5B") }
gPacketType.kPacket_Post_Login = { id=hex2num("0x91") }

vague guessing here, but does it maybe work if you set gPolServer = true for your shard in the shardlist ?
(changes a few things in network handling that helped for pol, maybe it also helps for sphere)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:15 am 

This is kind of interesting. Your windowed mode idea worked fine. I can't believe I didn't think of that one.
I had changed the gPolServer option to true and it let me go to the shard select screen which was more progress than previously, but I still got the same Bad Msg error. I fiddled with a few different settings but always came to the same end.
My shard is handled through a router and port forwarding, I was trying with the Internal subnet one, I tried the External just for kicks, and there it went logged right in, which is very much the exact opposite behaviour of the official client.
In any case it's running, and I thank you for your input on that =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:52 pm 
iris2-developer

@melchoir: Problem is now fixed. But try Iris2 unstable. It's not in the stable build yet.