Iris2.de

Iris2-Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:49 pm 

At this moment, is it helpful to encourage more people to use the Iris client and report bugs?

What I mean is that I help run a shard, and I could ask people to use the Iris client as much as possible, and then report any bugs/crashes they find.

It just seems like there is enough to do right now without trying to solve more bugs at the moment. If that is the case, then I will wait and encourage them later.

I'll keep on babbling a little bit: I know it doesn't really matter whether a bug is discovered now or later assuming that the bug is minor. My thoughts are that the code is changing and a bug that may be there now, may be fixed and gone later without anyone ever finding it. Okay, that doesn't really make sense, but I can't think of a better way to describe it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:30 pm 
iris2-developer

People who are interested in the project are of course invited to try it out and report bugs, but we are always rather busy, so bugs probably won't be fixed quickly (unless the bug report includes a bugfix-patch as well ;) ).
I don't think there's a need to actively search for testers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:04 pm 

Thanks for the reply. That's precisely what I wanted to know. If I wasn't so darned busy with grad school, work and wasting time playing games, I'd try to help out ;-)