Iris2.de

Iris2-Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Keep up the good work..
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:23 am 

Seems my shard is finally getting some place.. We are gonna use Iris 2 to perfectly adjust our custom map to make it look good in Iris 2...

but then again when I say finally getting some place I mean like we might get out of heavy development level and into pre-alpha :P

anyways keep up the good work.. its lovely to allways log in here and see tons of new things and new art work.. I am happy to have people like you around :P

don't ever lose hope people.. projects like this takes time and support.

And you got our support :P so keep up the good work! :P

btw.. long time no see! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:54 am 
iris2-developer

welcome back and thanks =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:58 am 
iris2-developer

hi Triant.

welcome back. tell us more about your shard projekt.
Maybe you have tips for other Shards, how to perfectly adjust a custom map for Iris2 (Tools ...).

b.r.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:51 am 

right... uhm...

uo.orbsydia.ca download UOLandscaper and use photoshop cs 2(or whatever=... (BTW if you are not gonna do this yourself get a person within beating range to do it.. You don't want terrain and altitudes to take months.. and you want to be a team of 2 working in the same room on this.. its really freaking boring and you get frustrated even some times start to cry.

Anyways.. work the terrain read the Orbsydia tutorials so that you know what to do and how to do it so you don't mess up the coast (coast = evil)... some times you might get brown tiles.. that usually just demand another pixel beside it of the same color code...

Now, TERRAIN first don't do altitude at the same time.. look at it all 0z (or whatever you want it to start at. then put up walls and stuff around areas you want to increase in z.. some areas you might want it to increase slowly by 3-5 z per tile.. or maybe 40 z to make an plateu effect.. well The altitudes I will have to come back on really as that's where we are at now...

We work altitude at the same time we build/decorate we think that really works nice as we can do adjustments for the building team... I would say that people can plan about tons of bmp to mul makings if you manage to fully make a good map in less then 50 mul creations then you are awesome..

the map creators need an ftp server where they upload the map where others can download it from..

We take one continent/map at a time.. no reason make it endlessly large.. finish one area at a time or else you people are gonna get lost on the map and start crying...

The shard coder/owner should quickly make the project areas in the ,go command so that gms dosent have to search half the world neither... makes the job easier for them.. that can easily be added in serverfolder\Data\Locations\whatevermapyoupeopleuse.xml
(if you use runuo)..

This is a slow and LONG project.. you should have an staffbase (they can all be crappy) but you need people around you when you work on this endless area of nothingness :P trust me.....

I will edit and fix things here as I get more experience though.. Iris 2 is also supposed to have this hotkey you can use to unload the mul files you can toss in new ones.. But, we rather just work in the blind then load it up and look then do adjustments and so on from then..

remember Iris is 3d and you got 360 view.. that demands a lot more detail attention then standard uo2d..

anyways I will come with pictures as we progress and so on.. hopefully this will be a successfully project..

Tools we use (UOLandscaper, Photoshop cs2, UO2d, pandora's box 2, iris 2 (one dude stare and scream at people for doing stuff ugly) :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:05 pm 
iris2-developer

Thanks Triant. This was a very nice review of your shard development.

Maybe we can put it in our Wiki as an Example and you can edit and modify it form time to time. I create a page for you: http://www.iris2.de/index.php/Howto_cre ... ris2_Shard

It's interesting to read about problems and tips form other projects using Iris2.

To build our Testshard map (maybe you have already seen it), we used a Tool called UOTC. It is modified by me to use a 8bit heightmap and a 32bit colormap bmp file.

You can take a look at the map and uotc + our servercode on my site: http://sience.schattenkind.net/

We use a highly modified sunuo 0.44 version. I nearly removed all uo stuff to create a fully custom testserver.