Iris2.de

Iris2-Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:11 pm 

The small pictures with the red and blue bar that pop up on the right of the screen with the people and animals/monsters that are near by is slowing the frame rate down all the way. I noticed I get up to 55 FPS when there are none, or only one, and all the way down to 1 or 2 FPS when there are many, generally the more the worse it gets.
Um, I don't find them usefull at all, I played around with them and they are a useless feature, I would actually be able to play the game if it wasn't for these, but I can't until they are removed.

Is there a button to disable them?

Unless anyone else wants to keep them for some reason, could we please have a poll here or something of who agrees they want these gone so we can have smooth consistant gameplay, Thaaaanks :D

You guys are really getting there, this thing is coming along great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:27 pm 
iris2-developer

Its possible to deactivate them but currently its not very user friendly. But one of the next things is probably a improvement of the plugin system and then its possible to easily disable it.
The performance problem is not that there are many bars at the right but the high number of mobiles (3d models of humans/monsters/animals) that are the cause of the high number of bars. So disabling them will not give you a big performance boost probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:10 pm 
iris2-developer

You can diable this plugin by adding a "_" to the end of the filename ("plugins\hudenemylist.lua").

Like "plugins\hudenemylist.lua_". But after an updated you will have the plugin file again in your directory ;-).