All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:32 pm 

Well, the title says it all.

Edit: Please move to bugs. Sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:59 am 
iris2-developer

thats not a bug thats a feature :)
currently the animations are very expensive (we dont use a shader here) and therefore off by default.
but in the long run we want to use shaders and animate the models hardware accelerated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:08 pm 

Well, I didn't notice, that the animations slow my machine down... And I really don't have the fastest computer here... It just looks quite stupid, when you ride a horse, but it is "flying around" instead of walking.
I mean, when your computer doesn't manage the animations, you can turn them off. But most users who want to play will have a computer, that is fast enough. And believe me, a lot of them won't be able to find the checkbox for switching animations on again. They will just think "what's that.." and will never play Iris2 again, for unanimated models look stupid.

I mean, it's up to you in the end, but I personally think, users will turn their head away from your great work, when their gameplay-feeling is "lowered" by unanimated models. It's better to have a little lag in this case.

Bääääär

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:25 pm 
iris2-developer

animations are still active in the stable version and should be active by default in a fresh installation as well (default was changed to high quality, and anim is only disabled for med and low quality)

we're working on a new technique for animating the models (skeletal animation shader) that will solve the lag problem, when that is ready we'll turn animations back on for all quality settings.