Iris2.de

Iris2-Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:46 pm 
iris2-developer

hi.

i think you should take the contribution upload instead of rapidshare, because i can't download files from rapidshare because of our proxy. But now i got the files from ghouly.

thanks. i checkout your new patch.

regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:57 pm 
iris2-developer

Hi.

i added your updated journal to unstable svn.
I changed some things and cleaned them up. Code is still a bit buggy and i think, widgets are not correct cleaned from memory.

We have to check and test this!

greetz
SiENcE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:53 pm 

I played around a bit with the fadinglines to reuse them for the journal gui.

The most problems i ran into has to do with the folder structure, the same (identical content) files are at different places twice or more (eg. main.lua, a lot of the lib.xxx.lua) as well dont know when to put something into the lugre dir or use the data/lua one. same with the scripts with gui or net as prefix, there are folders for this but they are not used.

I dont know how lua handels the scripts if they are loaded multiple times, same with the memory management, lua itself uses GC technic, but if im right i have to use widget:Destroy() if there is some relation to the c++ code!?

Is it possible to move widgets out of the viewport to store them, so i dont have to recreate them over and over again?
Or is the memory usage to heavy?

greets
cheek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:27 pm 
iris2-developer

lugre is a library, only code that is not specific to iris or uo should go there (we also use lugre for a spacegame)

there shouldn't be two files with the same name i think, but even if, lua isn't interested in the filenames, they are all included from somewhere. e.g. data/lua/main.lua (iris files) and lugre/lua/lugre.lua(lugre files) and data/lua/net.protocol.lua(net.* files) should be most of them.

about the obj/, net/ and gui/ folders : some time ago there was a rather deep reorganization (knut branch) but while the overall structure was improved quite a bit, not all parts of it were finished, but it was time to merge it back to the rest, so development itself could continue without the branch and trunk diverging too much, so it was merged back together.

since also the iris specific code is seperated from the lugre lib code, i advise using some form of "search in all files" that covers all dirs, then you don't have to bother with the folder structure.

btw, an overview over the lugre code can be found here :
http://sfz.schattenkind.net/wiki/index. ... e_Overview
but it is for the sfz code, so it doesn't cover the iris part, but the lugre-lib code is the same in both projects.

there is also a (rather experimental) api-doc for lua and c++ :
http://zwischenwelt.org/~hagish/irisdoc ... _cpp/html/
http://zwischenwelt.org/~hagish/irisdoc ... _lua/html/

about garbage collection of lua : it cannot know when a graphical object isn't needed anymore and should be closed, so you have to destroy those manually.
Since most c++-lua-bindings are of graphical nature, those usually have to be destroyed manually.

about moving widgets out : you can just set them to invisible.
SetVisible(false) or similar.