Iris2.de

Iris2-Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: First Compile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:48 am 

Howdy everyone,
It took me a while to download and install everything and then make get everything to work.

The exe generated worked from the short time that I tested it and it exited cleanly when I logged out (no crash) which was surprising.

I deviated from the directions a little bit and would like to discuss changing the instructions a bit (I modified some of the discussion pages because I think that's what they are there for?).

Here's what I did under Windows Vista Business 64-bit:

Note: Before beginning I had downloaded Iris and was able to play just fine.

1. Installed Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
  2. Installed OGRE 1.6.1 SDK for Visual C++ .Net 2008 (9.0)
  3. Installed Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 using webinstall and only installed the headers and libraries, and Windows Development Tools (everything else is optional).
  4. Downloaded Iris's SVN
  5. Copied folders from http://sience.schattenkind.net/Iris2_De ... &MinGW.zip to Iris SVN
  6. Set Environment Variables:
    LIB to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\Lib
    INCLUDE to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\Include
    Note: OGRE_HOME is automatically set to the installed location (for example, C:\OgreSDK)
  7. Built Lua5.1_lib and Iris (using C:\Iris_SVN\vc9\iris.vcproj)

Important Note: Make sure that VS2008 is set for release mode and not debug mode.

I was surprised how long it took to do the initial compilation. I have a quad core 2.6 GHz so theoretically it'll just use a single core at 2.6 GHz max. Lots of stuff was running so things were page faulting like crazy (even though I have 4GB of mem). It took several minutes to do a clean build.

Anyways, now that I have things running, I hope to learn how Iris runs and hopefully help out where I can.

----- Edit -----
The step "Built luajit (using C:\Iris_SVN\lugre\lib\LuaJIT-1.1.5\mak.vc2008\LuaJIT-1.1.5_lib.vcproj)" was removed from above because it is not necessary.

Last edited by Rabban on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:53 pm 
iris2-developer

You dont have to build Luajit (it has a memory bug).

Only take vc9\iris.sln for windows builds using Visual Studio Express 2008 (this uses plain lua5.1).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:13 pm 

Ah, I built it because I thought it complained when I compiled Iris (but it is likely, it just had to do with being in debug mode).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:59 am 

Alright, I cleaned the luajit, lua5.1, and Iris to do a dry run (deleted all non-cvs files). I also updated.

I think something was changed since last night because it complained about not having RC.exe (which I didn't have last night but it worked fine last night).

I ended up having to update my Windows SDK install to include the Windows Development tools. I've adjusted the instructions above to reflect that addition.

Post subject: Help Please!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:07 am 

I had Iris2 compiled, about 2 months ago.

I've downloaded the newest build and now I get the following link errors.

Code:
Error   12   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall Lugre::FindBasePaths::getMainWorkingDir(void)" (?getMainWorkingDir@FindBasePaths@Lugre@@QAE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ)   lugre_main.obj

Error   13   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall Lugre::FindBasePaths::getMainLuaPath(void)" (?getMainLuaPath@FindBasePaths@Lugre@@QAE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ)   lugre_main.obj

Error   14   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __thiscall Lugre::FindBasePaths::getLugreLuaPath(void)" (?getLugreLuaPath@FindBasePaths@Lugre@@QAE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ)   lugre_main.obj

Error   15   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Lugre::FindBasePaths::FindBasePaths(void)" (??0FindBasePaths@Lugre@@QAE@XZ)   lugre_main.obj

Error   16   error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _luaopen_sqlite3   lugre_scripting.obj

Error   17   fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals   C:\Iris_SVN\bin\iris2.exe   1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:28 pm 
iris2-developer

Hm yes, you need to add some new sourcefiles to your project. I will commit the changes to the VS9 project settings.

Post subject: First Compile!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:06 pm 

Was this ever resolved? Just found this project a couple days ago thought I would play around with it a bit.. Having trouble with initial compile.

Code:
data_anim.cpp
data.cpp
builder_L.cpp
Compiling...
cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
md5.c
Linking...
lugre_main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > __thiscall Lugre::FindBasePaths::getMainWorkingDir(void)" (?getMainWorkingDir@FindBasePaths@Lugre@@QAE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ)
lugre_main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > __thiscall Lugre::FindBasePaths::getMainLuaPath(void)" (?getMainLuaPath@FindBasePaths@Lugre@@QAE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ)
lugre_main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class std::basic_string,class std::allocator > __thiscall Lugre::FindBasePaths::getLugreLuaPath(void)" (?getLugreLuaPath@FindBasePaths@Lugre@@QAE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ)
lugre_main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Lugre::FindBasePaths::FindBasePaths(void)" (??0FindBasePaths@Lugre@@QAE@XZ)
lugre_scripting.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _luaopen_sqlite3
lugre_scripting.general.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl Lugre::LuaRegister_VertexDeclaration(class lua_State *)" (?LuaRegister_VertexDeclaration@Lugre@@YAXPAVlua_State@@@Z)
C:\Documents and Settings\GreenFamily\My Documents\Iris2\vc9\Release\..\..\bin\iris2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals

So far I've followed same process as Rabban

1 Installed Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
2 Installed OGRE 1.6.1 SDK for Visual C++ .Net 2008 (9.0)
3 Installed Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 using webinstall and only installed the headers and libraries, and Windows Development Tools (everything else is optional).
4 Downloaded Iris's SVN
5 Copied folders from http://sience.schattenkind.net/Iris2_De ... &MinGW.zip to Iris SVN
6 Set Environment Variables:
LIB to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\Lib
INCLUDE to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\Include
Note: OGRE_HOME is automatically set to the installed location (for example, C:\OgreSDK)

** Wasn't sure about this but set window XP environment variables above **

7 Built Lua5.1_lib and Iris (using C:\Iris_SVN\vc9\iris.vcproj)

Release Win32, using stable_Release

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:24 pm 
iris2-developer

I have no problems compiling it using VC9 Express.

If you use VC9 you DON'T have to separat install the "Windows SDK".

You als don't need to set environment variables, because VC9 Express brings the needed Windows SDK Files with it during installation.

And please use the current OgreSDK 1.6.3 !