Iris2.de

Iris2-Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:57 am 

Quote:
You can get an export Tool for Blender from the Ogre website

can i save my project using *.3ds or the other path or it necessarily must be ogre file?

AnimID: 0x266

are the objects should be precisely without any edges or it should be esthetic but simple toolike on photo??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:42 pm 
iris2-developer

hi.

the Model looks good, but Iris2 don't uses the anim.mul files. Because it's only 2D Artwork for Character & Monster Animations.
Iris2 uses like Iris1 the Granny Models from UO:3D Client for that. Later we want to use our own Models of couse.

Currently we only need more/new Static Models (Art.mul).
Please Download our http://prdownload.berlios.de/iris/Iris_Developer-Framework-0.4.zip and Start IrisEdit. There you can see, which 2D Statics already has a 3D Model and which don't have one.

You can take a look at the current Models Textures and static ID's. You can recreate or create new Models with 3D Studio and give us the Model+Texture. Better is to give us an already converted Model to Ogre mesh-fileformat (+Material and Texture).

Iris2 loads currently all Static 3D-Models from the old Models.uim file of our IrisEditor-Tool, but we don't want to use it anymore. If i have enough time, i convert all of the existing Models to Ogre meshes.

If you have any questions for IrisEditor please contact me with ICQ.

I think we can use this weapon also for a static model, because there are some weapons in the Uo statics.

keep on good work :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:07 pm 
iris2-developer

As said before, there is currently no one coordinating anything for a cinematic, so i can only talk about ingame stuff for iris itself.

For models to be used in iris we need the ogre.mesh (and .material) format, we cannot load .3ds directly. (models.uim format and granny can be loaded but both have too few material options)
Also please try to keep the polygon count low, otherwise fps will drop immensely.

MODELS for small plants are not needed, we need SHADERS for those things, otherwise we would have far too many polygons, and fps would drop immensely,
just look at this here, these flowers aren't individual models :
http://ogre3d.org/index.php?set_albumNa ... _album.php

We already have enough models for now, as we can load granny models for monsters,characters, weapons and items from the original UO-Data (aos)
and we have most statics (walls, tables,...) from the models that have already been made for the old iris, so there is no urgent need for them in iris2, although in the long run it would sure be nice to replace all granny models from uo with free content, so they can be altered, but thats a lot of work, and should be done in a roughly uniform style, mixing comic style character models with highly realistic ones doesn't look so good i think.

Although we are happy if we get models we can use for iris,
what we really need at the moment is not models,
but SHADERS, especially for water and grass,
and BUMPMAPS for the existing uo wall textures.

EDIT : instead of bumpmaps, normalmaps would be even better, but normalmaps should do for now =)

Last edited by ghoulsblade on Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:32 pm 

Ok So i will start it right now. I already have cribed frameworka 0.4. For a start I suppose that I'll do a grass, water and than we will see. Everything what I do I will convert to ogre file+textures.

P.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:13 pm 
iris2-developer

be warned, creating shaders involves programming in a special assembler like shader language, do you have experience with that ?

i just have a rough understanding how they work, i haven't really worked with them so far, so i cannot offer much help, sorry.
(ogre takes care of using them, so thats not a problem once they are created)

if you do have experience in shader programming, maybe you can teach me trick or two, i would be interested to get more into this, but haven't found the time yet =)

PS: nice axe =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:11 pm 

i've bought a few books (Direct3D, How to create personal game, Blender official game guidebook and Visual c++)to do that ;). Now i read many articles about pixel shader and Direct3D this is not a simple work, but if we want to create good game we need a lot of our time and energy.

Quote:
although in the long run it would sure be nice to replace all granny models from uo with free content

Perhaps we can do this in the Iris3 ;). This is good that the iris is creating gradually and maybe that why we can create a big project in the future(Iris3). From my side u can count on my:).

GREETINGS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:52 pm 
iris2-developer

I did a small ;-) list of UO models from Art.mul we currently don't have as 3D-Model in model.uim (in IrisEdit this file is named IrisEdit.imc)

http://www.iris2.de/index.php/Static_3D-Models_need

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:24 pm 
iris2-developer

ok, thats more than i expected, as the world looks quite filled with stuff when walking around.
we will implement something to just fallback to displaying a billboard of the original uo art if a model is missing ingame.

i'll do an analysis the next days to find out frequent statics on the standard map,
but we also have to think of a way to analyse a server to find frequent dynamics.

also this list seems to contain many things that are uo-art but don't need to be modeled, such as skill icons.
ID=8373 Modelname=Mass_Dispell ...
and effekts
ID=14000 Modelname=explosion

Post subject: I'm back
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:52 am 

I am sorry I couldnt to answer u because i was changing internet provider and software on Linux. What i have made in this time its a new forum with Main page basign on phpBB modified by Przemo. Now i want to make maybe more languages on main page(English, Germany and Polish). What do u think about this?

Its preliminary project.