Iris2.de

Iris2-Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:48 pm 

Hi for all Iris2:

I'm installing by another time(and I help it woulb the last) the UO Monday Legacy and the iris2.de...(well, i need any thing...!)

I registered here...
what do i need more?
the registration here(forum) is valid for Iris2.de or where must i go and activate it?
and the patch and other things add automatic or would I put on put Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy folder?

My english isn't so good but i try to be clear.... i'm new... and i was searching for weeks or months ago by a free UO 3d client.... I hope can to play soon

See your answers more soon possible

from Argentina...

PaBLoNaTuRaL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:59 am 
iris2-developer

you need uoml and iris. after updating iris you should look for a shard where you want to play (or take one from the default shard list in iris).
so if you have installed both you only need an account on a shard. most of the default shards have auto account creation and therefore you create an account on the first login automatically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:35 pm 

yes but... I had any problems...and I'll try to explain these...

I download UO Mondain's Legacy... later Must I let uploading when it says me (Launch 2d Client or 3D client) and I follow the Iris.de Tutorial Instalation and here say "You download the Ultima Online 3D Client) but well... sometimes, when I download very times ago(for test or download never updating and the UO from Mondains Legay to UO Ages of Shadows) :?

The question is... when I Install UO Monday Legact, what must i do? must i accept the 3D client or not?

and the other question is... I registred in a freeshard(free server or well, a page web with forum) and there anyone give me for download or a link for a server... it's named Hybrid and the hybrid is only for 2D clients...
And then... Is Iris is a independient program for pass to 3D Client or when i accept some free client doesm't let me use the 3D?

well... I hope answers soon... :wink:

thank u for pacience... but I downloaded manytimes but I can't never use a 3D Client or better detailed 2D Client on Ultima Online
:wink:

PaBLoNaTuRaL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:01 pm 
iris2-developer

start iris directly (iris/bin/iris2.exe).

you just need mondains legacy INSTALLED for using iris (map,data,...), no need to START mondains legacy.

( the "3D client" option when you start mondains legacy is not iris. )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:03 pm 

yes... thanx for this help---

Don't I need to install or accept the "3D client" in the UO's Installation?
I accept the 2D Client directly? or how must i do? and tell me how work the Iris2 with the freeshars server? anyone can?

Maybe It's a bit heavy with the questions, but many things aren't so obvious, because the program or links or instalattionx aren't always so easy or single...

greeting for the help...

see u soon!

PaBLoNaTuRaL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:17 pm 
iris2-developer

Install the UO 3D Client as written in the Install Manual on the main page. -> http://www.iris2.de/index.php/InstallationManual

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:16 am 
iris2-developer

maybe try http://translate.google.com/ for translation, it's not very good, but better than nothing.

nothing other than uoml and iris needs to be installed.

maybe you can find a shard in your language in this list :
http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:34 pm 

well yes... I could play from Razor/Hybrid/UOgamers server then i can't use the Iris2...

What must i add or modificate where I've installed ...I don't understand the custom configuracion(is it necessary?)

because in the iris2 folder... in the config.lua with a text editor(note block) but it's differente than in the imagen... what a imagen? Must i remove all in this or let it?

and where or how put a gUOPath? and in the data/config.lua must i put the number of Hybrid/UOgamer server?

and where is the Ingame Option? I don't want to do failed steps... :? and somethings aren't easily clear for me... :?

thanx and see u soon...

PaulNat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:31 am 
iris2-developer

there is no ingame menu for the options yet, you'll have to edit the iris/data/config.lua file with a text-editor.

Code:
gUOPath = "C:\\Programs Files\\Ultima Online\\"
or similar, depending on where your uo folder is,
also has to be in iris/data/config.lua

iris doesn't modify your uo installation, you install iris in a seperate directory, and just tell it where to find the your uo installation, so it can load the data.

razor,uogateway and similar tools cannot be used with with iris.

uogamers is already configured for iris, you should find it in the mainmenu when you start iris.

to add other shards, add a block like this to iris/data/config.lua (replace someshard.com by the hostname, and maybe adjust the port as well)
Code:
gShardList["someshard"] = {
      gLoginname = "",   -- Loginname
      gPassword = "",      -- Password
      gLoginServerIP = "someshard.com",
      gLoginServerPort = 2593,
      gServerSeed = hex2num("0xFFFFFFFF"),
      gPolServer = false
   }

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:00 am 

thanks but it doesnt works me so much...

where must i put gUOPatch...on the config.lua(editor texte have many words, number dissordened)??? must i create a new folder or file with gUOpatch...?

somethinga doesn't enter... I can't never enter to Iris Option... only in the Main Page for Updates but when i try to enter tell me about System Error and another things...

I feel a bit bored with install, uninstall, because I'm in the same place and if I haven't special explain or imagens how to do... I can't do so much(I don't want to do several error nor for the pc, the game and try to be clean and clear for no problems)

I do how i could but nothing...
try to do a new general or detailed for the Custom Configuration, for something cases...cause i or someone can understand or follow better step by step(if it's possible... I'm not been agressive)

PaulNaT