Iris2.de

Iris2-Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:11 pm 
iris2-developer

I aggree with you. Iris2 is not that performant as we want, and this with a standard pc. The WII power is less than a standard pc and so it wouldn't be fun at all.

But having Ogre3d on other plattforms than PC or Mac would be awesome.

For example, Dreamcast or Wii.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:33 pm 

indeed. Ogre3d is wondeful but i would approach something more platform friendly for those (dreamcast, wii...) because of the way things work. They have their own optimizations and specific tasks so it might slow down having a ported system on them. If you note by example, Ogre speed up things using frame buffer objects, pixel buffer objects and vertices lists. There is PBO, FBO on Wii and the vertice lists drawing is slower than direct drawing. I would prefer a specific engine done for the wii that can also run on PC. Thats my goal with knowledge. You can check more about it on http://code.google.com/p/knowledge/ =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:55 am 
Power User

There's always the original x86-based XBox :-P

<j/k>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:20 pm 

in my eyes, I would think porting to the xbox would be easier but not really realistic. First off, there's about 3 ways you can do it, they have sdl ported and an opensource xdk. The only problem would lie in the fact that first off, the thing only has 64 megs of ram and a 700 mhz proc. If you do it linux side there is no 3d accel, but if you do xdk you can if you can port the graphics engine and such. Though I know running iris on my 1ghz laptop with a radeon mobility and 1 gig of ram it's like watching a slide show, I can't imagine it on only a 700 mhz with only 64 megs of ram and a geforce 3. I also know running linux on it (mainly gentoox) runs pretty slow, and the only thing I could get running at a decent speed was like quake 1 in software mode.